- 4 SKUs of Pura Earth branded dermacosmetics have been efficiently registered with ARCSA, imported into Ecuador, and can be distributed and commercialized by way of beforehand introduced partnership with Spenta S.A.
- This marks the 12th nation and market opening of Avicanna’s product choices.
/NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES. ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS RESTRICTION MAY CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF UNITED STATES SECURITIES LAWS/
TORONTO, Sept. 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Avicanna Inc. (“Avicanna” or the “Firm) (TSX: AVCN) (OTCQX: AVCNF) (FSE: 0NN) a biopharmaceutical firm centered on the event, manufacturing and commercialization of plant-derived cannabinoid-based merchandise is happy to announce that it has accomplished product registration and its first industrial export of its Pura Earth branded dermacosmetics merchandise in Ecuador.
The preliminary export contains 4 SKUs of the Pura Earth branded merchandise which have been manufactured in Colombia below GMP situations and can be commercialized and distributed by way of a partnership with Spenta S.A. by way of retail and e-commerce channels. The CBD dermacosmetics have additionally been registered and authorised for gross sales as client cosmetics merchandise by the Ecuadorian well being authorities, Agencia Nacional de Regulación, Management y Vigilancia Sanitaria (“ARCSA”).
Pura Earth and the Potential of CBD Skincare
The Pura Earth product formulations have been developed and optimized to ship purified, THC-free cannabidiol (“CBD”) in synergistic combos with different pure substances identified to supply particular useful advantages in skincare 1 – 2. CBD has been proven to advertise pores and skin well being by inducing antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-apoptotic responses that might be helpful for a wide range of dermatological situations as eczema or atopic dermatitis 1-3. As well as, CBD can down-regulate the exercise of cells which might be vital within the manufacturing of pores and skin oils and subsequently might dampen the manufacturing in acne-prone pores and skin4.
Three (3) out of the 4 (4) Pura Earth merchandise are dermatologist examined to make sure there aren’t any occurrences of pores and skin irritation or sensitization, they’re demonstrated to have bodily and chemical stability and every have a shelf lifetime of a minimum of two (2) years. The formulations have been optimized over the past three (3) years by way of Avicanna’s R&D infrastructure, to extend CBD uptake into the pores and skin and tackle numerous client wants. Along with the finished medical trials all Pura Earth merchandise will not be examined on animals and are vegan.
“After years of R&D and medical growth of what we consider is probably the most superior line of CBD skincare merchandise, we’re thrilled to develop our distribution capabilities into Ecuador. Though that is an early stage for the Latin American market, we consider this exhibits the potential of Pura Earth as a number one skincare model within the area,” said Lucas Nosiglia, President of Avicanna LATAM.
In regards to the Preliminary 3 Pura H&W Merchandise and the Scientific Research
The three beauty medical research had been accomplished on Avicanna’s formulations focusing on beauty components related to growing old, acne-prone pores and skin, and eczema-prone pores and skin. The efficiently accomplished research concerned 156 sufferers that had been examined for security and particular dermacosmetic endpoints, together with hydration and extra oil manufacturing. All three research achieved constructive ends in the endpoints with no opposed results, making Pura Earth one of many solely cannabinoid client strains with human security and efficacy knowledge. For extra info please see Clinicaltrials.gov Registry.
- Clear Pores and skin Gel: Water-based gel comprises beta-caryophyllene and tea tree extract which might be identified to have antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties 5-7. As well as, rosemary oil extract has demonstrated actions in opposition to the symptomatic therapy of pimples 8,9. In Avicanna’s medical examine, the Rosemary and Tea Tree Gel was investigated for its short- and long-term results on pores and skin hydration and sebum (oil) manufacturing on acne-prone or oily pores and skin. The outcomes confirmed vital enhance in pores and skin hydration and a big lower in oiliness in 93% of contributors who had oily pores and skin.
- Intersive Moisturizing Cream: Oil-based method uniquely marries CBD, colloidal oatmeal and hemp seed oil aimed toward relieving pores and skin redness 2,10. Colloidal oatmeal has been proven to enhance pores and skin dryness, roughness, and itch depth 10. Avicanna’s medical examine of Colloidal Oatmeal Cream evaluated its impact on pores and skin hydration and erythema and located that 86% of contributors had decreased pores and skin redness after 3 hours and elevated pores and skin hydration.
- Anti-Growing older Cream: Wealthy, flippantly scented white cream with a singular amalgamation of purified CBD, Japanese cedar bud, tocopheral and hemp seed oil. This method targets growing old pores and skin and is aimed toward enhancing pores and skin texture and pores and skin renewal 11 .
1. Tóth, Okay. F., et al. (2019). Cannabinoid Signaling within the Pores and skin: Therapeutic Potential of the “C(ut)annabinoid” System. Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), 24(5), 918. htt ps://doi.org/10.3390/molecules24050918
2. Baswan, S. M., et al. (2020). Therapeutic Potential of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Pores and skin Well being and Issues. Scientific, beauty and investigational dermatology, 13, 927–942. htt ps://doi.org/10.2147/CCID.S286411
3. Atalay S, et al. (2020). Anti oxidative and Anti -Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol. Anti oxidants. 9(1):21.
4. Oláh, A., Tóth, B., et al. (2014). Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic and anti inflammatory results on human sebocytes. The Journal of medical investigation, 124(9), 3713–3724.
5. Committee on Natural Medicinal Merchandise (HMPC). (2013). Evaluation report on Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea tree oil) and different species of Melaleuca, aetheroleum. European Medicines Company. Article 16d(1), Article 16f and Article 16h of Directive 2001/83/.
6. Carson, C. F., Hammer, Okay. A., & Riley, T. V. (2006). Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) oil: a overview of antimicrobial and different medicinal properties. Scientific microbiology evaluations, 19(1), 50–62.
7. Bassett IB et al. (1990). A comparative examine of tea tree oil versus benzoyl peroxide within the therapy of pimples. Medical Journal of Australia, 153:455-458.
8. Andrade, J. M., Faustino, C., et al, (2018). Rosmarinus officinalis L.: an replace overview of its phytochemistry and organic exercise. Future science OA, 4(4), FSO283.
9. Tsai, T. H., Chuang, L. T., et al, (2013). Rosmarinus officinalis extract suppresses Propionibacterium acnes-induced inflammatory responses. Journal of medicinal meals, 16(4), 324–333.
10. Reynertson, Okay. A., Garay, M., Nebus, J., Chon, S., Kaur, S., Mahmood, Okay., Kizoulis, M., & Southall, M. D. (2015). Anti-inflammatory actions of colloidal oatmeal (Avena sativa) contribute to the effectiveness of oats in therapy of itch related to dry, irritated pores and skin. Journal of medicine in dermatology : JDD, 14(1), 43–48.
11. Horiba, H., et al. (2016). Organic Actions of Extracts from Completely different Elements of Cryptomeria japonica. Pure product communications, 11(9), 1337–1342.
Avicanna is a industrial stage Canadian biopharmaceutical firm and a longtime chief in cannabinoid analysis, growth, and evidence-based merchandise for the worldwide client, medical, and pharmaceutical market segments. Avicanna conducts its analysis in Canada together with its R&D headquarters within the Johnson & Johnson Innovation Centre, JLABS @ Toronto, Canada, positioned within the MaRS Discovery District, and in collaboration with main Canadian tutorial and medical establishments. Avicanna has established an business main scientific platform together with superior R&D and medical growth which has led to the commercialization of over twenty merchandise throughout 4 primary market segments:
- RHO Phyto™: these medical and wellness merchandise are a sophisticated line of pharmaceutical-grade hashish merchandise containing various ratios of CBD and THC. The product portfolio comprises a full formulary of merchandise together with oral, sublingual, topical, and transdermal deliveries which have managed dosing, enhanced absorption and stability research supported by pre-clinical knowledge. These merchandise are developed utilizing pharmaceutical drug growth processes and are supported with pre-clinical knowledge. The superior formulary is marketed with client, affected person and medical neighborhood training and coaching.
- Pura H&W™/Pura Earth™: these registered, clinically examined, beauty merchandise embrace a portfolio of useful CBD client derma-cosmetic and topical merchandise.
- Aureus™: as part of Avicanna’s vertical integration primarily based out of Santa Marta, Colombia its provide chain enterprise models are primarily devoted to offering constant supply of cannabinoid uncooked supplies for Avicanna and its world companion’s meals, beauty, medical and pharmaceutical wants. Aureus branded merchandise are cultivated, extracted, and manufactured by Avicanna’s subsidiaries in Colombia the place they profit from optimum environmental situations to provide cannabinoid lively pharmaceutical substances economically, organically, and sustainably and embrace a variety of CBD, THC and uncommon cannabinoids reminiscent of CBG extracts and standardized seeds. Firm is properly positioned to be a worldwide provider of cannabinoid uncooked supplies demand and has already efficiently exported its merchandise to over 10 nations in 4 continents.
- Pharmaceutical pipeline: leveraging from the corporate’s scientific platform, vertical integration, and real-world proof, Avicanna has established a pipeline of indication particular cannabinoid-based drug candidates which might be in numerous levels of medical growth and commercialization. Avicanna’s drug candidates are in pre-clinical stage and are devoted to offering options for unmet medical wants within the areas of dermatology, power ache and numerous neurological issues.
SOURCE Avicanna Inc.
For extra details about Pura Earth, go to www.puraearth.com/es
For extra details about Avicanna, go to www.avicanna.com, name 1-647-243-5283, or contact IR consultant, Iryna Zheliasko, by electronic mail at email@example.com or by cellphone at 416-868-1079 x 229.
The Firm posts updates by way of movies from the official firm YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFXPBGdKSxOUOf_VZoSFSUA.
Cautionary Word Relating to Ahead-Wanting Info and Statements
This information launch comprises “forward-looking info” inside the which means of relevant securities legal guidelines. Ahead-looking info contained on this press launch could also be recognized by means of phrases reminiscent of, “might”, “would”, “may”, “will”, “probably”, “anticipate”, “anticipate”, “consider, “intend”, “plan”, “forecast”, “undertaking”, “estimate”, “outlook” and different comparable expressions, and contains statements with respect to the power of CBD to advertise pores and skin well being by inducing antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-apoptotic responses that might be helpful for a wide range of dermatological situations reminiscent of eczema or atopic dermatitis, the power of CBD to down-regulate the exercise of cells which might be vital within the manufacturing of pores and skin oils and subsequently might dampen the manufacturing in acne-prone pores and skin, the Firm’s capacity to make sure that the Pura Earth merchandise is not going to trigger pores and skin irritation or sensitization, the Firm’s capacity to proceed to provide the market in Ecuador with any Pura Earth merchandise, the Firm’s capacity to proceed to fabricate Pura Earth merchandise, and Pura Earth being a number one skincare model. Ahead-looking info is just not a assure of future efficiency and is predicated upon quite a few estimates and assumptions of administration in gentle of administration’s expertise and notion of tendencies, present situations and anticipated developments, in addition to different components related within the circumstances, together with assumptions in respect of present and future market situations, the present and future regulatory atmosphere; and the provision of licenses, approvals and permits.
Though the Firm believes that the expectations and assumptions on which such forward-looking info is predicated are affordable, undue reliance shouldn’t be positioned on the forward-looking info as a result of the Firm may give no assurance that they may show to be appropriate. Precise outcomes and developments might differ materially from these contemplated by these statements. Ahead-looking info is topic to a wide range of dangers and uncertainties that would trigger precise occasions or outcomes to vary materially from these projected within the forward-looking info. Such dangers and uncertainties embrace, however will not be restricted to present and future market situations, together with the market worth of the frequent shares of the Firm, and the chance components set out within the Firm’s annual info type dated September 3, 2021 and ultimate brief type prospectus dated November 27, 2020, filed with the Canadian securities regulators and obtainable below the Firm’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
The statements on this press launch are made as of the date of this launch. The Firm disclaims any intent or obligation to replace any forward-looking info, whether or not on account of new info, future occasions or outcomes or in any other case, apart from as required by relevant securities legal guidelines.