Researchers at RMIT College in Australia, are looking for volunteer analysis contributors to be concerned in a examine in regards to the administration of kind 2 diabetes by means of an alternate dietary plan based mostly on the Mediterranean food regimen.
By way of the scientific trial scientists hope to study whether or not a Mediterranean dietary sample with or with out intermittent fasting could higher management diabetes, as in contrast with a standard food regimen based mostly on the present suggestions for sufferers with kind 2 diabetes.
Would the analysis examine be a superb match for me?
The examine could be a superb match for you if:
• You’re identified with kind 2 diabetes
• You’re between 20-75 years outdated
• You’ll be able to talk in English
• Your Physique mass index is between 20 – 35kg/m2
• You aren’t a shift employee
• You aren’t fasting for ≥12 hours/day
• You’re prepared to conform to the dietary intervention
• You DO NOT have any of the next medical situations: Sort 1 diabetes, historical past of malignant most cancers (aside from nonmelanoma), liver, kidney, respiratory, gastrointestinal, or heart problems; you might be NOT pregnant or breastfeeding; you DO NOT have scientific despair; historical past of/or present consuming dysfunction; inflammatory ailments (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s illness, colostomy, malabsorption); you might be NOT a smoker.
What would occur if I took half within the analysis examine?
In the event you determine to participate within the analysis examine, you can be requested to:
• Search a referral to the examine out of your physician
• Attend on-line appointments (by way of Zoom, cellphone or FaceTime) with the analysis nutritionist (PhD scholar) at first of the examine and once more at 6 weeks, 12 weeks and 24 weeks.
• Fill in a 7-day meals diary, a survey kind which incorporates questions on your medical background, socio-demographic traits, a bodily exercise questionnaire, details about the treatment you’re taking and different well being information, a wellbeing questionnaire, a Mediterranean food regimen adherence questionnaire and a satiety questionnaire, at first of the examine, at 6 weeks, 12 weeks and 24 weeks.
• You’ll be supplied with a kind to attend an area pathology service and have a blood and urine pattern taken at first of the examine, and once more at 6, 12 and 24 weeks.
• Members assigned within the management group and the Mediterranean food regimen teams will probably be requested to seek the advice of by way of cellphone analysis nutritionists (PhD scholar and exterior dietitian) biweekly for 12 weeks and month-to-month thereafter. It is going to take 60 min biweekly for 3 months and 60 min per 30 days for the next 3 months of your time for the diet consultations.
• For all contributors, it’ll take 25 hours in complete to be a part of this examine.
Will I be paid to participate within the analysis examine?
It’s possible you’ll be reimbursed for any cheap journey, parking, meals and different bills related to the analysis mission.
Who do I contact if I would like extra data or need to participate within the examine?
If you need extra data or are all for being a part of the examine, please contact:
Dimitra Papamichou (PhD scholar/nutritionist)
Faculty College of Well being and Biomedical Sciences of Sciences
Electronic mail: [email protected]