Picture Credit score: Kay Wiese
Having fun with Morning Chalk Up? Entry extra unique interviews, analyses, and tales with an Rx membership.
Everybody loves a terrific underdog story. The excellent news is that within the group competitors on the 2021 CrossFit Video games, everyone seems to be an underdog to Group Mayhem Freedom.
One large factor: On the primary day, Mayhem completely dominated the competitors, going 4 for 4 on the primary day and transferring on to win the primary two exercises on the second day.
- Nonetheless, the ultimate exercise introduced a twist for group Mayhem.
- Because the buzzer sounded and athletes jumped onto the Rogue Echo bikes, a number of groups instantly pulled in entrance of the group.
- Whereas Mayhem has come from behind to win exercises earlier than, this time wouldn’t be the case.
- Because the exercise progressed, CrossFit City Vitality pulled to the entrance and have become the primary group of the occasion to dash over the end line and the primary group to beat Mayhem this weekend.
- Two extra groups would handle to cross the end line earlier than Mayhem who would finally place fourth total on the exercise.
- However, Mayhem nonetheless sits in first total on the shut of day two of group competitors.
Bridging the hole: Presently, Mayhem sits in first with a 123 level lead over CrossFit City Vitality, a large level hole for under having accomplished seven exercises.
- To place that in context, that’s solely 15 much less factors than Tia Clair-Toomey’s lead over her fellow opponents after 9 exercises.
- As a way to make up factors over the subsequent two days, groups should struggle their hardest, as Mayhem has already clearly pulled themselves away from the pack.
The remaining spots: With Mayhem already 123 factors forward of their opponents, the struggle now appears to be for second place.
- Presently, CrossFit City Vitality and Plus-64 CrossFit sit in second and third place respectively, separated by solely 15 factors.
- CrossFit Nordic additionally stays proper on their heels, combating for a possible podium spot as they transfer into day three, trailing Plus-64 CrossFit by solely 12 factors.
Transferring day: Whereas groups have already had seven exercises to begin securing their locations on the leaderboard, there nonetheless stays two extra days of competitors.
- Saturday might be a pivotal day for groups to additional lock of their spots and transfer themselves across the leaderboard.
- With ten groups on the slicing board on the shut of Saturday’s competitors, the groups within the backside ten and across the lower bubble may even have to struggle to maintain themselves in competitors.