If you happen to’re lacking tacky bread on the keto diet, you *should* make this recipe. And the greater than 80,000 people who have liked it on TikTok agree with me on this.
I first stumbled upon this keto-friendly “breadstick” recipe from Instrupix whereas scrolling by Pinterest. I wished a cheesy dish that might be fast and simple to make, whereas nonetheless permitting me to remain in ketosis, and this one match the invoice. It requires simply 4 components: two sorts of cheese, an egg, and garlic powder. Even higher? It comes collectively in lower than 20 minutes.
After I first made this garlicky cheese “bread,” I recorded the method and shared it on TikTok. I had no concept that the video would attain greater than 1,000,000 views, however I additionally wasn’t stunned. That is a type of low-carb recipes that really tastes like the true factor. And, though the recipe does not have a flour base, the cheese combination varieties a texture that is about as near bread as fathead dough, a dough various made with almond meal, cheese, and eggs that is widespread within the keto group.
A couple of issues to know earlier than making an attempt to make the recipe your self: The cheese high quality issues, after all — that means, you need to attempt to use freshly grated parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Nonetheless, the primary time I cooked this I created it with the most cost effective components I may discover, so that you needn’t bust your finances to make this a profitable dish.
I’ve additionally made the recipe with one egg and with two. I choose one egg, though some individuals on TikTok have shared that two eggs makes the bread extra moist. I recommend making an attempt it with one egg first (that is what the unique recipe requires), then once you remake it — and I am sure you’ll — you possibly can strive two eggs to see which you favor. Maintain studying for the recipe!
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 levels and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. A loaf pan is greatest, however a baking sheet may also work.
- In a bowl, mix the entire components collectively.
- Place the combination onto your parchment paper, and flatten it out utilizing a fork or your arms. If you do not have parchment paper, you can even use aluminum foil.
- Bake for about quarter-hour, after which swap the oven to broil and brown the cheese a bit.
- Slice and serve together with your alternative of dipping sauce. (I like Rao’s pizza sauce.)
- Facet Dishes
- Serves 4
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time
- 12 minutes
- Whole Time
- 16 minutes, 59 seconds
Picture Supply: POPSUGAR Pictures / Suanny Garcia
Leave a Reply