Credit score: Justin Tamane
Having fun with Morning Chalk Up? Entry extra unique interviews, analyses, and tales with an Rx membership.
Even in a web based competitors, “Shifting Day” exists and Day Two of the Atlas Video games epitomized that because the leaderboard was in a continuing state of flux regardless of simply two exercises on the docket. With only one extra day of competitors and two exercises for the CrossFit-programmed occasion, athletes want to solidify a 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Video games invitation to Madison, WI.
The ladies’s division:
“Mother energy” is a factor and Mekenzie Riley is utilizing each ounce of it to safe her fifth Video games invitation following within the footwear of Granite Video games champion Arielle Loewen and present West Coast Traditional athlete Regan Huckaby. The brand new mother sits atop the leaderboard after Day Two after two top-five finishes.
- The American received Workout 3 which featured 60 muscle-ups with a time of 17:10 and adopted that with a fifth-place end in Workout 4, finishing 46 snatches.
- Canadians occupy the remaining 4 Video games qualifying spots led by 21-year previous newcomer Sydney Michalyshen who trails Riley by simply 12 factors.
- Michalyshen received Exercise 4 with a world-record 54 reps, which included 24 reps on the closing weight of 165 kilos.
- Carolyne Prevost dropped from the highest of the leaderboard after an ideal Day One to 3rd partially to 2 finishes outdoors the top-ten.
- Emily Rolfe remained in fourth place highlighted by a fourth place in Exercise 3 with a time of 18:06.
- 18-year previous Anikha Greer was tied with Prevost in factors after Day One and like her fellow Canadian dropped down the leaderboard into fifth place.
- Not far behind Greer are a bunch of Individuals who’re inside hanging distance of the coveted Video games spot. Alexis Johnson (sixth), Chyna Cho (seventh), Paige Semenza (tied for eighth) and Baylee Rayl (eighth) are inside 9 factors.
- Cho was one of many high movers of the day after struggling on Day 1, she recorded a fifth and eighth place.
- Semenza and Rayl every completed second and third respectively in Exercise 3 to assist them keep within the Video games hunt.
- 16-year previous Canadian Emma Lawson remains to be in competition, simply 13 factors behind Rayl.
The boys’s division:
The highest 4 spots on the boys’s leaderboard encompass Canadians, led by Patrick Vellner. Vellner picked up the place he left off on Day One, with a exercise win.
- He received Exercise 3 with a time of 14:08, the third quickest time within the on-line Semifinals, and adopted that with a sixth place in Exercise 4 to provide him a 16 level lead over the sector.
- Jeffrey Adler made the bounce from sixth to second place after two top-3 finishes. He was the runner-up to Vellner in Exercise 3 and positioned third within the closing exercise of the day.
- Samuel Cournoyer moved up one spot to 3rd, with a sixth and fifth place on Day Two.
- Alex Vigneault rounded out the Canadian foursome, inserting fourth and seventh on the day.
- Tyler Christophel occupies the ultimate Video games spot with two extra top-ten finishes together with a 3rd place in Exercise 3.
- American Phil Toon dropped to sixth place from third with finishes outdoors the top-10.
- Brent Fikowski made an enormous transfer on Day Two and finds himself in seventh place because of a win in Exercise 4. He recorded 50 reps within the snatches, the second most recorded within the Semifinals.
- Rounding out the athletes at present within the Final Probability Qualifier spots are Dane Smith and Adam Davidson, who’re each tied for eighth.
The workforce division: Whereas PRO1 Montreal stays in first place, they misplaced a bit little bit of yesterday’s lead, with a sixth place end within the fourth exercise of the weekend, leaving only a ten level hole between themselves and 1855, that might value them the highest of the rostrum if 1855 fights laborious sufficient tomorrow.
- PRO1 Montreal received Group Exercise 3, the third win out of 4 exercises, with a Semifinal report time of 12:25.
- CrossFit Resurrection and Rhapsody, who each sat on the cusp yesterday, additionally took benefit of “Shifting Day” to maneuver themselves solidly into third and fourth place general, with Rhapsody 50 factors forward of fifth place Group Koda.
- Rhapsody received Exercise 4, with lifts that totalled 998 kilos, 14 kilos greater than their closest competitor.
- Group Koda sits 25 factors forward of sixth place workforce, Match To Show Stadd, however that may be a lead that might simply be misplaced over the course of the subsequent two exercises on the ultimate day.
On faucet for the ultimate day: The Atlas Video games concludes tomorrow with the ultimate two digital exercises. Workout 5 is a protracted triplet that options three rounds of ascending distances and repetitions of rowing, handstand walks and legless rope climbs. The sixth and closing exercise is the one of many seven new “Girl” workouts, “Grettel”, which is a fast 10-round couplet that options three clear and jerks and three bar-facing burpees.
The Total High 10 After Day 2
- Patrick Vellner (356) | Mekenzie Riley (328) | Pro1 Montreal (375)
- Jeffrey Adler (340) | Sydney Michalyshen (312) | 1855 (365)
- Samuel Cournoyer (324) | Carolyne Prevost (293) | CrossFit Resurrection (350)
- Alex Vigneault (305) | Emily Rolfe (288) | Rhapsody (340)
- Tyler Cristophel (289) | Anikha Greer (285) | Group Koda (290)
- Phil Toon (275) | Alexis Johnson (284) | Match to Show STADD (265)
- Brent Fikowski (254) | Chyna Cho (279) | CrossFit 808 (250)
- Dane Smith (244) | Paige Semenza (276) | C2X CrossFit (240)
- Adam Davidson (244) | Baylee Rayl (276) | Koda CrossFit Iron View (225)
- Logan Collins (242) | Emma Lawson (271) | Invictus Sorrento Valley (210)