Roughly two years after the primary medical marijuana dispensary opened in Arkansas, the market has seen the sale of greater than 50,000 kilos valued at $338.5 million, in accordance with the Arkansas Division of Finance and Administration, the mum or dad company of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Fee.
State taxes on the dispensary gross sales since Could 2019 whole just below $34 million. Many of the tax income is positioned within the College of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Nationwide Most cancers Designation Belief Fund.
There are 33 dispensaries working in Arkansas with 5 which might be working towards opening for enterprise (38 dispensaries have been licensed). The 5 working towards opening are 3J Investments (Lamar), Pure Root Wellness (Fayetteville), Pine Bluff Agriceuticals (Pine Bluff), Missco Hashish (Jonesboro) and Natures Herbs and Wellness (Pine Bluff).
The Arkansas Division of Well being experiences 77,673 energetic affected person playing cards.
Following are the highest 5 dispensaries with probably the most medical marijuana gross sales.
• Releaf Heart (Bentonville), first opened Aug. 7, 2019: 5,374.92 kilos
• Inexperienced Springs Medical (Sizzling Springs), first opened Could 12, 2019: 4,238.69 kilos
• Pure Aid Dispensary (Sherwood), March 17, 2020: 3,475.65 kilos
• Suite 443 (Sizzling Springs), first opened Could 10, 2019: 3,311.22 kilos
• Acanza (Fayetteville), first opened Sept. 14, 2019: 3,272.23 kilos
The constitutional modification legalizing medical marijuana for 17 qualifying circumstances and making a state medical marijuana fee, was accredited by Arkansas voters 53% (585,030) to 47% (516,525) in November 2016.