There’s nothing fairly like a scorching cup of tea, particularly in the course of the chilly, winter months. This magical drink is filled with antioxidants, and has a bunch of well being advantages that comes together with it.
It goes with out saying that Capetonians take pleasure in their cup of rooibos tea, and even chamomile, chai and natural brews. However have you ever ever heard of tomato mint tea, a savoury mix that’s stated to style like soup? Weird or completely regular? You determine!
Listed here are 4 strange teas that persons are ingesting (and having fun with), all all over the world:
Russian Brick Tea
This tea is precisely what it’s title suggests and originates from the tea preparation methodology it follows. Step one to crafting this brew is to compress the black tea into rock laborious tablets. These tablets are then used for making the tea, in an analogous strategy to how sugar cubes are used.
To make the tea, one would want to grate off the nook of the tea pill, after which add some boiling water to the cup. And a few corporations are nonetheless producing it! So the larger query is: would you ever drink a cup of tea that was made utilizing brick and water?
Tomato Mint Tea
A savoury tea? That’s precisely what that is! The sort of tea is liked by folks everywhere in the globe. With tomato as the bottom for this combination, and a touch of mint on the facet, that is fairly a novel beverage to have (particularly whenever you pair it with a number of biscuits – Cape City’s favorite).
Consuming this tea is similar to having fun with a scorching cup of soup, and a few bloggers have even welcomed the thought of cooking with this tea. It will also be described as one other model of the basic Bloody Mary, with natural notes and spicy flavour that packs a imply punch.
Panda Dung Tea
Consider it or not, this is likely one of the most costly teas on the earth. Panda Dung Tea developed in China and it’s title originates from the bizarre preparation methodology that it follows. Throughout the course of of creating this tea, Panda dung (from the cute animal that we love), is used as a fertiliser for the expansion of the tea crops. Pandas are stated to solely take in 30% of the vitamins they eat, leaving the remaining 70% locked into the fertiliser that’s used to make this tea.
Wrestling of Dragon and Tiger
It is a conventional manner of ingesting tea amongst ethic teams of Yunnan, China, and this type of tea attracts many individuals to its aromas and efficiency. It’s made with a mix of black tea and a tiny sprint of alcohol. Brandy is often the popular alternative so as to add to this beverage as a result of it provides a novel flavour to the tea.
Leave a Reply