GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo. & NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–ANANDA Scientific Inc., a biotech pharmaceutical firm, and NYU Grossman College of Medication immediately introduced that the primary affected person has been enrolled in a medical trial evaluating Nantheia™ A1002N5S, an investigational drug utilizing cannabidiol in ANANDA’s proprietary Liquid Construction™ supply expertise as a therapy for Put up-Traumatic Stress Dysfunction (PTSD) signs and Neurocognitive Impairment in sufferers with PTSD and with PTSD comorbid with Traumatic Mind Damage (TBI).
“This is a crucial milestone for ANANDA’s medical improvement program, and we sit up for persevering with to work with the NYU Grossman College of Medication. We’re impressed by the scientific rigor and professionalism of the NYU group in getting a cutting-edge program in place to check the efficacy of our very promising drug,” stated Sohail R. Zaidi, ANANDA’s President. “The initiation of affected person enrollment on this research reinforces our dedication to our aim of enhancing Well being and Wellness empowered by cannabinoid science. That is additionally an vital step in our efforts to supply sufferers with PTSD with doubtlessly improved therapeutic choices.”
This trial is being performed at NYU Grossman College of Medication, led by Esther Blessing, MD PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, and Charles R. Marmar, MD, the Lucius N. Littauer Professor and Chair of Psychiatry. Dr. Marmar, chief of the NYU Langone PTSD Analysis Program, is the first investigator of a number of customized medicine-based medical trials of progressive therapies for PTSD and its frequent comorbidities, utilizing cutting-edge biomarker applied sciences to grasp mechanisms underlying therapy results.
“We’re excited to get this vital trial underway. Our collaboration with ANANDA Scientific permits us to progress within the improvement of evidence-based CBD merchandise for this debilitating situation,” stated Dr. Marmar.
The Section II research is an eight week, double-blind, randomized, placebo managed research with adaptive dose design evaluating the impact of Nantheia™ A1002N5S on PTSD signs and neurocognitive perform in 120 sufferers with PTSD, 50% with comorbid gentle TBI. (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04550377)
ABOUT NANTHEIA™ A1002N5S
Nantheia™ A1002N5S is an investigational drug being evaluated for the therapy of PTSD. The drug makes use of CBD in ANANDA’s propriety supply expertise. Pre-clinical and preliminary medical research present that ANANDA’s Liquid Construction supply expertise (licensed from Lyotropic Delivery Systems (LDS) Ltd. in Jerusalem, Israel) enhances the effectiveness and stability of CBD. Nantheia™ A1002N5S is an oral product with 50 mg CBD per softgel capsule.
PTSD, a comparatively frequent dysfunction which will develop following a traumatic occasion, has a US lifetime prevalence of 1.3–12.2%, with increased charges (12–20%) in people uncovered to navy fight [1, 2] . Disabling signs embody intrusive recollections of the occasion, avoidance of reminders, destructive cognitions and hyperarousal. As well as, PTSD is related to neurocognitive impairment, which interacts to worsen PTSD signs and impair therapy outcomes  [5-7] [8, 9]. Traumatic mind damage (TBI), skilled by as much as 35% of veterans getting back from the OEF/OIF conflicts , is usually comorbid with PTSD and will increase the danger of PTSD by as much as 3-fold [11-14]. TBI historical past is a crucial think about PTSD therapy improvement: even gentle TBI can result in long-term neurocognitive impairment, in addition to persistent put up concussive signs – lots of that are frequent to PTSD signs [12, 14-16]. Present pharmacotherapies, largely repurposed from different indications, don’t reliably enhance PTSD signs or related neurocognitive impairment in PTSD or TBI [17-19]. Novel, focused drugs that deal with these overlapping signs in a coordinated simultaneous trend are urgently wanted.
ABOUT ANANDA SCIENTIFIC (www.anandascientific.com)
ANANDA is a number one research-focused biotech firm pioneering high-caliber medical research evaluating therapeutic targets for cannabinoids. The corporate employs patented supply applied sciences to make cannabinoids and different plant derived compounds extremely bioavailable, water soluble, and shelf-life steady and focuses on producing efficient, premium high quality nutraceutical and pharmaceutical merchandise. In keeping with its sturdy research-based information, the corporate additionally has a rising pipeline of nutraceutical over-the-counter merchandise. The corporate has efficiently launched these merchandise within the US and the UK, with enlargement into further markets such because the EU, China, Australia and Africa deliberate for the close to future. The corporate is increasing its analysis base by a number of sponsored analysis agreements with universities to diversify its expertise portfolio.
- Kessler, R.C., et al., Lifetime prevalence and age-of-onset distributions of DSM-IV problems within the Nationwide Comorbidity Survey Replication. Arch Gen Psychiatry, 2005. 62(6): p. 593-602.
- Hoge, C.W., et al., Fight responsibility in Iraq and Afghanistan, psychological well being issues, and limitations to care. N Engl J Med, 2004. 351(1): p. 13-22.
- Shalev, A., I. Liberzon, and C. Marmar, Put up-Traumatic Stress Dysfunction. N Engl J Med, 2017. 376(25): p. 2459-2469.
- Hayes, J.P., M.B. Vanelzakker, and L.M. Shin, Emotion and cognition interactions in PTSD: a overview of neurocognitive and neuroimaging research. Entrance Integr Neurosci, 2012. 6: p. 89.
- Haaland, Okay.Y., et al., Neurocognitive Correlates of Profitable Therapy of PTSD in Feminine Veterans. J Int Neuropsychol Soc, 2016. 22(6): p. 643-51.
- Aupperle, R.L., et al., Dorsolateral prefrontal cortex activation throughout emotional anticipation and neuropsychological efficiency in posttraumatic stress dysfunction. Arch Gen Psychiatry, 2012. 69(4): p. 360-71.
- Aupperle, R.L., et al., Government perform and PTSD: disengaging from trauma. Neuropharmacology, 2012. 62(2): p. 686-94.
- Nijdam, M.J., et al., Neurocognitive functioning over the course of trauma-focused psychotherapy for PTSD: Adjustments in verbal reminiscence and government functioning. Br J Clin Psychol, 2018.
- Morey, R.A., et al., Neural programs for government and emotional processing are modulated by signs of posttraumatic stress dysfunction in Iraq Struggle veterans. Psychiatry Res, 2008. 162(1): p. 59-72.
- Rigg, J.L. and S.R. Mooney, Concussions and the navy: points particular to service members. PM R, 2011. 3(10 Suppl 2): p. S380-6.
- Langlois, J.A., W. Rutland-Brown, and M.M. Wald, The epidemiology and influence of traumatic mind damage: a short overview. J Head Trauma Rehabil, 2006. 21(5): p. 375-8.
- Stein, M.B. and T.W. McAllister, Exploring the convergence of posttraumatic stress dysfunction and gentle traumatic mind damage. Am J Psychiatry, 2009. 166(7): p. 768-76.
- Tanev, Okay.S., et al., PTSD and TBI co-morbidity: scope, medical presentation and therapy choices. Mind Inj, 2014. 28(3): p. 261-70.
- Kaplan, G.B., et al., Pathophysiological Bases of Comorbidity: Traumatic Mind Damage and Put up-Traumatic Stress Dysfunction. J Neurotrauma, 2018. 35(2): p. 210-225.